Work Health & Safety Policy
The RCPA Quality Assurance Programs Pty Limited (RCPAQAP) is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for all workers and visitors. To assist with compliance, the RCPAQAP has documented policies and terms of reference for the WHS Committee.
We are committed to ensuring we comply with the NSW Work Health and Safety Act 2011, the NSW Work Health and Safety Regulations 2017 and applicable Codes of Practice and Australian Standards as far as reasonably practicable.
Maintaining a safe and healthy work environment requires everyone’s continuous cooperation. It is a partnership between the RCPAQAP and all who work, in any capacity, under its guidance.
Work Health and Safety (WHS) Policy
The RCPA Quality Assurance Programs Pty Limited’s commitment to eliminating work-related illness and injury is demonstrated by:
- Ongoing and proactive identification and elimination of workplace hazards;
- Implementing uniform risk management processes to adequately identify and control risks in the workplace;
- Compliance with all applicable relevant legislation, codes of practice and standards;
- Ensuring equipment and substances are safe and without risk to health, safety and wellbeing when correctly used;
- Providing, monitoring and maintaining safe systems of work for the use, handling, storage and transportation of equipment and substances;
- Providing adequate facilities for the health, safety and wellbeing of all workers, contractors and visitors;
- Identifying and providing appropriate WHS training and dissemination of relevant WHS information to all workers, contractors and visitors;
- Provision of appropriate supervision for all workers, contractors and visitors;
- Consultation and participation of all workers and contractors to enhance the effectiveness of the WHS Management System;
- Providing adequate resources, including finances, to facilitate the fulfilment of the organisation’s WHS responsibilities and commitments;
- Ensuring continual improvement in progressing overall performance by monitoring WHS outcomes against performance indicators on (at least) an annual basis, and integrating WHS into the organisation’s overall strategic development; and
- Communicating this policy through public display and training throughout the organisation.
These policies and procedures will be regularly reviewed following legislative or organisational changes, or as a minimum, annually.
Application of this policy
We seek the co-operation of all workers, customers and other persons. We encourage suggestions for realising our work health, safety and wellbeing objectives to create a safe and healthy working environment.
This policy applies to all business operations and functions, including those situations where workers are required to work off-site.
Authorised by Tony Badrick: 15th February 2019