In keeping with our One Company, One Team approach to our business, our strategic plan guides an integrated approach to our business over the next three years. The plan is based on the principles of the Australian Business Excellence Framework (ABEA) and will be delivered by way of our Annual Operating Plan (AOP), which is underpinned by individual business unit and program plans. It will ensure that we effectively defend, then strategically expand, our External Quality Assurance (EQA) leadership position through sustainable, profitable growth.
Our teams will be cross-functional and sourced from longstanding and newer staff members to encourage diversity of thinking and to provide opportunities for all to engage and contribute.
We will develop RCPAQAP into a portfolio business by:
- Nurturing our mature market, particularly in Australia and New Zealand.
- Looking to scale more effectively in the international markets.
- To identify emergent products, services and markets while managing risk and meeting return on investment.
- Consistently scanning for new ideas that might keep RCPAQAP relevant and aligned to customer needs (present and future).
At RCPAQAP, our overall certification is to ISO 9001:2015-Quality Management Systems. Each of our programs is individually accredited by NATA and complies with the requirements of ISO/IEC 17043:2010 Conformity assessment – General requirements for proficiency testing. We are also certified to ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management Systems. We are committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for all workers and visitors, to reducing the impact of our business on the environment and encouraging sustainable business practices across our organisation. Where we can, we partner with suppliers and external providers who share the vision.
To be the recognised industry leader in external quality assurance in Pathology, both nationally and internationally:
- Attract and retain internationally recognised experts in EQA in our organisation
- Develop the world’s best EQA system
- Actively demonstrate the value of EQA in improving patient outcomes
- Find new ways of supporting EQA uptake by way of innovation and a diverse product and service portfolio.
To provide EQA resources for assessing the diagnostic and technical proficiency of pathology laboratories supporting patient safety, continuing medical education, and research. We achieve our Mission by:
- Providing Pathology laboratories with internationally accredited, clinically relevant, external quality assurance programs that meet their accreditation and quality improvement needs.
- Having an effective relationship with our customers and competitors to identify future EQA requirements.
- Demonstrating ongoing commitment to education and research in EQA and applying data obtained from EQA programs.
- Being a responsible corporate citizen and be recognised internationally as a key opinion leader in EQA.
- Service to customers and the community.
Dr Janice Fletcher
RCPA Quality Assurance Programs Pty Limited