In keeping with our One Company, One Team approach to our business, we have updated our strategic plan to guide an integrated approach to our business over the next 3 years. The plan, as outlined in this document, will be delivered by way of our Annual Operating Plan (AOP), which is underpinned by individual business unit and program plans. It will ensure that we effectively defend, then strategically expand, our External Quality Assurance (EQA) leadership position through sustainable, profitable growth.
To achieve this, we must:
- maintain leadership in the domestic market;
- evaluate new product and new market opportunities;
- ensure customer and stakeholder satisfaction; and,
- foster a culture that demands excellence.
To support this Strategic Plan, we will ‘rebrand’ the QAPs to their more accurate name of External Quality Assurance programs (EQAs).
The RCPA Quality Assurance Programs Pty Limited will implement and maintain a Quality Management System based on the ISO/IEC 17043:2010 Conformity assessment – General requirements for proficiency testing, ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Systems Requirements, ISO 14001:2015 Environmental management systems and ISO 45001:2018 Occupational health and safety management systems. The RCPAQAP is committed to enhancing all aspects of its business by implementing the Australian Business Excellence Framework (ABEA) and improving its ABEA score.
To be the recognised industry leader in external quality assurance in Pathology, both nationally and internationally.
To provide resources, products, services, data, and insights for assessing the diagnostic and technical proficiency of laboratories in each discipline of Pathology and for the purposes of continuing medical education and research.
We achieve our Mission by:
- Providing Pathology laboratories with internationally accredited, clinically relevant, external quality assurance programs.
- Being market leaders in the development and production of best in class EQA materials which lead to an improvement in laboratory practice.
- Having an effective relationship with our participants and advisory committees to identify future EQA requirements.
- Being a leader in the analysis of EQA data.
- Adding value by providing EQA programs that cover the entire request-analysis-report cycle.
- Providing feedback to the profession at meetings and in the literature of the State of the Art in aspects of pathology testing including Point of Care Testing (PoCT).
- Demonstrating an ongoing commitment to education and maintaining our international reputation amongst other EQA providers.
- Customer Service.
Dr Janice Fletcher
RCPA Quality Assurance Programs Pty Limited