Environmental Sustainability Policy
The RCPAQAP aspires to minimise its impact on our environment and maximise the effective use of resources. We strive to achieve this by enhancing communication and awareness of our efforts in accordance with this policy and fostering responsible environmental behaviour among staff, volunteers, and participants at all levels.
The RCPAQAP is committed not only to complying with applicable law in all its operations, but to minimise risks and impacts through the development of robust and documented systems to implement, measure, monitor, and disseminate excellent environmental performance both within its operations and to the broader community.
This Environmental Sustainability Policy aims to integrate a philosophy of sustainable development into all the RCPAQAP’s activities and to establish and promote sound environmental practice in our operations.
The RCPAQAP commits itself to minimising its impact on our environment through:
- Providing a safe and healthy workplace;
- Complying with our legal obligations;
- Having an environmentally sustainable aware culture, where responsibility is assigned and understood;
- Being an environmentally responsible neighbour in our community;
- Conserving natural resources by reducing, reusing and recycling;
- Striving to minimise pollution;
- Ensuring the responsible use of energy throughout the organisation;
- Participating in efforts to improve environmental protection and understanding;
- Taking steps to improve environmental performance continually;
- Applying a systematic approach that is consistent with the international environmental management system standard ISO 14001;
- Conducting rigorous audits, evaluations, and self-assessments of the implementation of this policy;
- Working with suppliers who promote sound environmental practices; and
- Enhancing awareness among our employees, volunteers, and users – educating and motivating them to act in an environmentally responsible manner.