Training And Competency Assessment
The Training and Competency Assessment project was successfully piloted in 2012 with the aim of introducing online Training and Competency Assessment modules aimed at scientists working in pathology laboratories. The modules being developed are intended to support laboratory technical training and as a resource for continuing education. RCPAQAP is working with experts to ensure the modules meet participants learning needs.
Modules available are:
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control (Basic scientists level): This module is suitable for multi-test analysers in Chemical Pathology/Haematology/Immunology and will attract 6 APACE points upon successful completion
- Snake and snake bite: The role of the pathology laboratories; this module will attract 6 APACE points upon successful completion
- Pre-Analytical Module – Select safe sites for venepuncture; this module will attract 6 APACE points upon successful completion
- Cytopathology Module 1 – Anatomy of the Female Genital Tract *
- Cytopathology Module 2 – Cytological Identification of normal epithelial cells and other cellular components of cervical and vaginal smears *
* These module are eligible for the Australian Society of Cytology Continuing Education for Cytologists (CEC) program for non-medical members. Refer to Category 2 “Computer based learning”.
Instructions on how to enrol in these modules can be viewed here >> HOW TO – Enrol in TACA Modules